The Low-Down on Skin Care
Are you confused by all these brands offering 'radiance', 'glow', 'smooth skin', 'reduction in pores' etc... ? Does it feel like everything you try is the same? Are you fed up because nothing seems to work? Then read this:
Skincare is simple as long as you follow these 4 steps.
- Daily Cleanse: Remove the daily debris that accumulates on your skin by using a good cleanser. When I say 'good' cleanser - I mean one that removes grime & make-up without drying out the skin. When you've washed your face with it - it should not feel like your skin is tight, dry and rough.
We love: ZO Offects Hydrating Cleanser (£50 for 3 months) and iS Clinical Cleansing Complex (£50 for 3 months).
- Deep Cleanse (every 1-3 months): treat your skin to a regular cleansing facial or chemical peel.
Try our Fire & Ice Red Carpet facial (voted celebrity facial of the year & featured in numerous magazines): £180 per treatment.
For a deeper cleanse, try our Neostrata Peel System which brightens, tightens and reduces pores: £180 per peel.
Treatments can be targeted at specific skin problems. For example, if you have:
- Acne: retinol, benzoyl peroxide and antibiotic preparations are often used.
- Pores: retinol, hydroxy acids, glycolic & TCA peels etc are often used.
- Wrinkles: retinol, hydroxy acids and many other skincare ingredients are used to stimulate skin regeneration & production of collagen.
- Pigmentation: hydroxyquinone, kojic acid, azelaic acid, mandelic acid are frequently used to treat skin pigmentation.
For a daily treatment that is easy to use, try: ZO Daily Power Defense: £50 for 3 months
For a thorough assessment of your skin and advice/ personalized treatment program for your skin: please contact Dr. Tatiana.
Many of the treatments that we use on the skin can feel quite drying. Moisture is important to the skin barrier function. I often apply a moisturizer on top of my skin treatment at night- and this means I wake up with soft hydrated skin.
We love: ZO Ommerse Overnight Recovery Cream (£60 for 3 months) & Neostrata Bio-hydrating cream (£50 for 3 months)
No skincare regime is complete without SPF. The damage caused by UVA & UVB is irrefutable. I always advise clients to use a factor 50 SPF - particularly if they are using retinol, having peel treatments or travelling abroad.
Take a look at the images below. These are twins: one twin worked as a gardener outdoors, never using SPF and the other twin worked as a chef indoors, protected from the sun. Look at the difference in their skin quality, pigmentation problems, wrinkles and risk of skin cancer.
To protect your skin from the sun - We love: Heliocare Factor 50 gel: £30 for 3 months. It is non-greasy and can easily be used underneath make-up.
I hope you've found this useful :)
Dr Tatiana x