What's the Beauty Blogger Secret?
Some people are just *born* gorgeous, right? Sure... you don't become a Victoria's Secret model unless you have legs for miles and cheekbones like razor blades somewhere in your genes. However, the rest of us mere mortals are learning to work magic that rivals even the most glittery of Angels. Girl next door Instagram bloggers are vamping it up and racking up followers in the millions, what's their Secret?
Dr. Tatiana gives us her Aesthetic Tips & Tricks of the Beauty Bloggers: "A lot of my clients are asking 'what will make me look good for the party season?'. So I thought I'd share my top 5 tips with you. "
1. Sort your Skin out.
Skin is vital, when did you last see a beauty blogger with anything but flawless skin? Easier said than done, I'm sure you're thinking. Well read this:
- Daily: cleanse & moisturize. If you have a particular skin problem, use your daily skin regime as an opportunity for targeted skin treatment for acne, rosacea, pigmentation, fine lines & wrinkles etc.
- Weekly: treat. Set yourself a weekly agenda of applying a clarifying/resurfacing/hydrating masque. This re-sets your skin ready for the week ahead. Be good to your skin, it will be good to you.
- Monthly: rejuvenate. Have a chemical peel with mesotherapy every month to remove dull dry skin, stimulate skin regeneration and provide the skin with the nutrition it needs.
2. Get rid of those Eyebags.
Clients are often surprised when I tell them that there are treatments available for their dark circles and eyebags.
- Dark circles: can be genetic or related to lifestyle (lack of sleep, excess of alcohol & poor diet, lack of exercise etc). Mesotherapy under the eyes injects hydration, antioxidants and vitamins into the skin to help 'flush away' that pigmentation.
- Eyebags: usually form as a result of fat loss from the cheeks. This can be treated with a combination of tear trough treatment and cheek re-volumization using a dermal filler.
3. Sharpen those Cheeks.
High cheekbones not only give you that modelesque look but they solve a multitude of other problems like eyebags and heavy jowls too! I recommend 2ml of a dermal filler to re-volumize and give definition.
4. Relax those Lines.
Clients are sometimes wary of Botox, but there's no need to be. Botox simply relaxes muscles and we can soften lines without giving a 'frozen' expressionless face. Botox can be used to soften forehead lines, frown lines and crow's feet. It also has many other uses, but we'll talk about these another time :)
5. Hydrate those Lips.
My mum used to say "Give me lips so I have somewhere to apply my lipstick" which always made me laugh. Soft, hydrated lips can be achieved with:
- mesotherapy: we can inject small amounts of hydration, antioxidants and vitamins into the lips to give them a beautiful softness without changing the shape or volume of the lip.
- dermal filler: is used to plump and shape the lips, whilst keeping them super soft and natural.